REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unfasten the neutral safety switch electrical connector.
- Disconnect the shifting rod from the neutral safety switch.
- Remove the safety switch-to-transmission screws and the switch.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Adjust the neutral safety switch.
See Figure 1
- Apply the brakes and check to see that the starter works only in the PARK and NEUTRAL transmission ranges. If the starter works with the transmission in gear, adjust the switch as described below.
- Remove the fastening nut of the range selector lever and the bolts which hold the switch body in place. Remove the machine screw at the bottom of the switch body.
- Put the manual shaft in the NEUTRAL position by moving the selector lever so that the slot in the shaft is vertical and the detent mechanism clicks.
- Align the screw hole with the internal rotor pin hole and insert a 2.0mm diameter pin to ensure and retain alignment.
- Install the switch bolts, pull out the pin and put the machine screw back into the hole. Install the range selector lever nut.
- Test again as in Step 1. If the switch does not work, replace it.