See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Remove the return spring. Detach the fluid line the slave cylinder and drain the fluid.
- Remove the mounting bolts and the slave cylinder.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the slave cylinder-to-clutch housing bolts to 18-22 ft. lbs. (23-29 Nm) for 1970-78 models or 22-30 ft. lbs. (29-39 Nm) for 1979 and later models. Bleed the clutch release system.
- Remove the pushrod and dust cover (discard it).
- Remove the piston and piston cup as an assembly. Remove the spring.
- Remove the bleeder screw.
- Using clean brake fluid, wash all of the parts.
To inspect for damage, perform the following procedures:
- Check the piston and cylinder for excessive wear or scoring.
- Using a feeler gauge, check the clearance between the cylinder and the cylinder wall, it must not be more than 0.15mm.
- To assemble, dip the piston in clean brake fluid and coat the cylinder wall, then reverse the disassembly procedures.
When installing the new piston cup, be sure it is facing the right direction.