REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except VG Engine
- Refer to the Timing Belt/Chain and Tensioner removal and installation procedures in this section, and remove the timing chain with the camshaft sprocket.
The engines are designed such that the camshaft sprocket MUST be removed at the same time that the timing chain is removed.
- To install, use new gaskets and reverse the removal procedures. If necessary, adjust the timing chain.
See Figures 1 and 2
- Refer to the Timing Belt/Chain and Tensioner removal and installation procedures in this section, and remove the timing belt.
- Using an adjustable spanner wrench (to hold the camshaft pulley) and a socket wrench, remove the camshaft pulley bolt and washer.
- Pull the camshaft pulley(s) from the camshaft(s). Be careful not to loose the woodruff key.
The right and left camshaft pulleys are different parts. Install them in their correct positions. The right pulley has an R3 identification mark and the left one has an L3.
To install the camshaft pulleys, perform the following:
- Remove the rocker arm covers.
- Loosen the rocker arm shaft assembly bolts.
- Remove the spark plugs.
- Install the camshaft pulleys by reversing the removal procedures.
- Install and adjust the timing belt.
- To complete the installation, reverse the removal procedures.