REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except VG Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Refer to the Engine removal and installation procedures in this section, and remove the engine with the transmission from the vehicle.
- Separate the transmission from the engine.
- Remove the clutch assembly from the flywheel (manual transmission) or the torque converter from the drive plate (automatic transmission).
- Remove the flywheel or the drive plate from the crankshaft, then secure the engine to a workstand.
- If not having done so, drain the crankcase, then remove the oil pan.
The EPA warns that prolonged contact with used engine oil may cause a number of skin disorders, including cancer! You should make ever