REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the heat shield(s) surrounding the front exhaust tube-to-manifold, the extension tube and the front exhaust tube-to-catalytic converter/pre-muffler.
- Remove the front exhaust tube-to-manifold nuts.
To remove the exhaust tube-to-manifold nuts, if may be necessary to run a die over the stud threads (to remove the rust) and soak the studs/nuts with a rust penetrating substance (to dissolve the rust).
- Remove the front exhaust tube-to-converter/pre-muffler bolts, then remove the front exhaust tube.
- Support the catalytic converter/pre-muffler, then remove the converter/pre-muffler-to-extension tube bolts and the catalytic converter/pre-muffler.
- Using a putty knife, clean the mounting surfaces.
- To install, use a new catalytic converter/pre-muffler, gasket(s) bolts, nuts and reverse the removal procedures.