REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the heat shield(s) surrounding the front exhaust tube-to-manifold and/or front exhaust tube-to-catalytic converter/pre-muffler.
- Remove the front exhaust tube-to-manifold nuts.
To remove the exhaust tube-to-manifold nuts, if may be necessary to run a die over the stud threads (to remove the rust) and soak the studs/nuts with a rust penetrating substance (to dissolve the rust).
- Remove the front exhaust tube-to-converter/pre-muffler bolts, then remove the front exhaust tube.
- Using a putty knife, clean the mounting surfaces.
- To install, use a new front exhaust tube, gasket(s), bolts, nuts and reverse the removal procedures.