REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the splash board, if equipped.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-connecting rod nuts (1970-78) or stabilizer bar-to-transverse link nuts (1984 and later).
When removing the stabilizer bar-to-connecting rod nuts, two wrenches are necessary.
- Remove the stabilizer bar bracket-to-frame bolts and the stabilizer bar.
Final checking, and any additional tightening, if needed of the stabilizer bar fasteners should be performed with the wheels on the ground.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the stabilizer bar bracket-to-frame bolts to 14-18 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm) for 1970-78 or 20-27 ft. lbs. (26-36 Nm) for 1979-83 or 22-29 ft. lbs. (29-39 Nm) for 1984 and later; the stabilizer bar-to-connecting rod nut to 9-20 ft. lbs. (12-27 Nm) for 1970-78; the stabilizer bar-to-transverse link to 12-16 ft. lbs. (16-22 Nm) for 1979-87, and the the stabilizer bar-to-connecting rod nut to 47-51 ft. lbs. (64-69 Nm) for 1988.