On 1975-83 models (except VG engines), the fuel pressure regulator is located midway on the fuel injection rail. On the 1984 and later models (VG engines), the fuel pressure regulator is located at the front of the fuel injection rail.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Reduce the fuel line pressure to zero, using the appropriate procedure given earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the pressure regulator.
- Unfasten any wires attached to the regulator.
- Remove the regulator attaching screws.
- Place a rag under the regulator to catch the fuel which will spill when the fuel lines are disconnected. Loosen the hose clamps and remove the fuel lines from the regulator.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures.