REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure requires that the refrigerant be removed and replaced. Always use an approved recovery/recycling machine. If you do not have access to this equipment, consult a professional who can perform the job.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Discharge the air conditioning system. Refer to General Information & Maintenance .
- Loosen the flare nuts at each connection of the inlet and outlet pipes of the evaporator. Plug all openings.
- Remove the heater unit.
- Remove the defroster duct on the passenger's side.
- Remove the mounting bolt then remove the cooling unit from the dash panel.
- Remove the clips attaching the upper case to the lower case.
- Using a knife, cut the packing at the upper and lower case fit-in portion.
- Withdraw the evaporator assembly to of the lower case.
- To install, join the mating surface of the packings at the upper and lower case fit in portion.
- Install the upper and lower case attaching clips.
- Install the cooling unit to the dash assembly.
- Install the duct to the passenger's side.
- Install the heater unit.
- Tighten the flare nuts at each connection of the inlet and outlet pipes.
- Charge the air conditioning system. Refer to General Information & Maintenance .
- Connect the battery.