REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the driveshaft and the axle shafts from the differential.
- At the rear of the differential, remove the differential-to-vehicle support plate.
- Use a suitable jack to secure and support the differential.
- Remove the differential-to-support member bolts, then pull the differential backward (together) with the jack.
- After removing the differential, use the jackstand to support the suspension member; this will prevent the insulators from being twisted or damaged.
DO NOT place the center of the suspension member on the jackstand before the removal operation, for it will be difficult to remove the differential.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the differential-to-suspension member bolts to 43-58 ft. lbs. (59-78 Nm), the rear cover-to-differential nuts to 43-58 ft. lbs. (59-78 Nm). Check the gear oil level.