The A/C control panel has a self-diagnostic function for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. To run the self-diagnostic function, do the following:
- Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
- Set the fan control dial OFF, the temperature control dial on Max Cool, the mode control dial to select Vent, and the rear fan control dial OFF.
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
- Press and hold the recirculation control button. While holding the button, press the rear window defogger button five times within 10 seconds. The recirculation indicator blinks two times, then the self-diagnostic begins.
- If there is any problem in the system after self-diagnostic is finished, the recirculation indicator will blink Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) 1 through 15. If there are any problems in the evaporator temperature sensor circuit, the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.
- If no DTC's are found, the indicator will not blink.
- Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to cancel the self-diagnostic function. After completing repair work, run the self-diagnostic function again to make sure that there are no other malfunctions.
The number of times the recirculation indicator blinks and the associated detected item:
The number of times the A/C indicator blinks and the associated detected item: