Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the following components, as necessary:
- Sliding door sill trim, as needed
- C-pillar trim
- Sliding door opening trim, as needed
- Pull the lower anchor cover back, and remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Detach the clip and release the hooks then remove the pivot cover.
- Remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Remove the rear trim panel (A), as follows:
For the driver-s side, remove the spare tire, as follows:
- Place a hand in each grab handle on the spare tire cover, and pull back to release the clips. Remove the spare tire cover.
- Remove the spare tire mounting bolt.
- Remove the spare tire.
Remove the rear side trim panel (A), as follows:
- Remove the cap (B) by releasing the two hooks (C).
- Remove the rear side bolt (D).
- Pull out the rear upper edge of the trim panel by hand to release the hooks (E) from the D-pillar trim (F).
- Pull the trim panel back by hand to detach the clips (G, H).
Disconnect the accessory socket connectors (I) and the rear entertainment system auxiliary jack connector (J).
- Remove the wire harness clip, the clip and remove the side duct.
- Remove the bolts, then hang the rear junction box down.
- Disconnect the clamp, then remove the bolt and clamp of the coolant hoses.
- Remove the bolts, then pivot the rear HVAC unit.
- Disconnect the connector from the rear air mix control motor, then remove the self-tapping screws and the rear air mix control motor.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal. Make sure the pin on the motor is properly engaged with the linkage. After installation, make sure the motor runs smoothly.