Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014, or equivalent trim tool set. When removing trim components, wear gloves and be careful not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the following components, as necessary:
Sliding door sill trim, as needed
- Pull the lower anchor cover back, and remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Detach the clip and release the hooks then remove the pivot cover.
- Remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Remove the rear trim panel (A), as follows:
For the driver-s side, remove the spare tire, as follows:
- Place a hand in each grab handle on the spare tire cover, and pull back to release the clips. Remove the spare tire cover.
- Remove the spare tire mounting bolt.
- Remove the spare tire.
Remove the rear side trim panel, as follows:
- Remove the cap by releasing the two hooks.
- Remove the rear side bolt.
- Pull out the rear upper edge of the trim panel by hand to release the hooks from the D-pillar trim.
- Pull the trim panel back by hand to detach the clips.
Disconnect the accessory socket connectors and the rear entertainment system auxiliary jack connector.
Disconnect the connectors from the rear mode control motor and the rear blower motor, then remove the wire harness clips, the self-tapping screws and the rear blower motor.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.