Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014, or equivalent trim tool set. When removing trim components, wear gloves and be careful not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the following components, as necessary:
Sliding door sill trim, as needed
- Pull the lower anchor cover back, and remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Detach the clip and release the hooks then remove the pivot cover.
- Remove the lower anchor bolt.
- Remove the rear trim panel (A), as follows:
For the driver-s side, remove the spare tire, as follows:
- Place a hand in each grab handle on the spare tire cover, and pull back to release the clips. Remove the spare tire cover.
- Remove the spare tire mounting bolt.
- Remove the spare tire.
Remove the rear side trim panel, as follows:
- Remove the cap by releasing the two hooks.
- Remove the rear side bolt.
- Pull out the rear upper edge of the trim panel by hand to release the hooks from the D-pillar trim.
- Pull the trim panel back by hand to detach the clips.
Disconnect the accessory socket connectors and the rear entertainment system auxiliary jack connector.
Remove the wire harness clip (A), the clip (B) and remove the side duct (C).
Remove the bolts, then hang the rear junction box (A) down.
Disconnect the rear evaporator receiver line (A) and the suction line (B) connections. Slide the hose clamps (C) back, then disconnect the inlet heater hose (D) and the outlet heater hose (E) from the rear heater core. Engine coolant will run out when the hoses are disconnected; drain it into a clean drip pan. Be sure not to let coolant spill on the electrical parts, the carpet, or the painted surfaces. If any coolant spills, rinse it off immediately.
- Disconnect the connectors from the rear mode control motor, the rear blower motor, rear in-car temperature sensor and rear climate control unit, then remove the wire harness clips, from the rear HVAC unit.
Remove the bolts, then pull out the rear HVAC unit (A). Disconnect the rear air mix control motor connector (B), then remove the rear HVAC unit.
- Remove the self-tapping screws, the clamps and the rear heater core.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.
Make sure no air is leaking from the right housing, the left housing and the lower housing fitting.