Do not mix different brands of brake fluid; they may not be compatible.
Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter is allowed to contaminate the brake fluid.
The reservoir on the master cylinder must be at the MAX (upper) level mark at the start of the bleeding procedure and checked after bleeding each brake caliper. Add fluid as required.
- Make sure the brake fluid level in the reservoir is at the MAX (upper) level line (A).
- Attach a length of clear drain tube to the bleed screw.
- Have someone slowly pump the brake pedal several times, then apply steady pressure.
Starting at the left-front, loosen the brake bleed screw to allow air to escape from the system. Then tighten the bleed screw securely.
- Repeat the procedure for each caliper until no air bubbles are in the fluid. Bleed the calipers in the sequence shown.
- Refill the master cylinder reservoir to the MAX (upper) level line.