Only a MVAC-trained, EPA-certified, automotive technician should service the A/C system or its components. Please refer to the precautions regarding the A/C system at the beginning of this section.
- Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycling/charging station, as outlined in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the front grille cover.
- Remove mounting bolts and clips securing the front bumper.
- Pull on the front bumper at the wheel arch areas to release it from the hooks on the side spacer.
- With the help of an assistant, pull the front bumper to release it from the hooks on the center upper beam.
- Remove the front bumper. If equipped, disconnect the front fog light connectors and the front corner sensor connectors on both sides. If necessary, release the hooks (four places), then remove the air spoiler.
- Remove the bolts, then disconnect the discharge hose from the A/C condenser.
- Remove the bolt, then disconnect the receiver line from the A/C condenser.
Remove the bolts and the A/C condenser upper mount brackets.
Remove the A/C condenser by lifting it up.
WARNINGBe careful not to damage the radiator and A/C condenser fins when removing the A/C condenser.
Installation is the reverse order of removal.
NOTEReplace the O-rings at each fitting, and apply a thin coat of refrigerant oil to each O-ring before installation.
- Charge the system, as outlined in this section.