Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
To avoid damaging the wires and terminals, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion.
Mark all wiring and hoses to avoid misconnection. Also, be sure that they do not contact any other wiring or hoses, or interfere with any other parts.
Make sure to use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- Note the anti-theft code for the radio and then disconnect the negative battery cable, then disconnect the positive battery cable and remove the battery.
- For 2007 Models, remove the front grill cover.
- For 2008 Models, remove the front bumper.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the engine wire harness connectors (A) from the battery base.
Remove the three mounting bolts (B) and loosen mounting bolt (C), then remove the battery base (D).
- Disconnect the A/C compressor clutch connector and fan motor connectors.
- Disconnect the hood switch connector.
- On the J35A6 engine, disconnect the engine mount control solenoid valve connector (A) and vacuum hoses, ground cable and harness clamp.
Remove the two bolts securing the coolant reservoir, then remove the reservoir.
- Remove the two bolts (A) securing the radiator fan shroud, then remove the radiator fan shroud assembly (B) from the battery side.
Remove the two bolts (C), and loosen the two bolts (D) securing the A/C condenser fan shroud, then remove the A/C condenser fan shroud assembly (E) from the battery side.
- Install the radiator and A/C condenser fans in the reverse order of removal.
- Install the battery. Clean the battery posts and cable terminals with sandpaper, then assemble them and apply grease to prevent corrosion.
- Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the audio presets.
- Set the clock.