Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the use of the following special tools, or their equivalents:
- Note the radio security code and station presets.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the lower engine splash shield.
- Remove the accessory drive belt, as outlined in this section.
Hold the crankshaft pulley with Honda Tool Nos. 07MAB-PY3010A Holder Attachment and 07JAB-001020A Holder Handle or their equivalents, then remove the crankshaft pulley bolt by turning it in a counterclockwise direction with a 19mm socket and breaker bar.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley.
Clean the pulleys, crankshaft, bolt and washer. Lubricate with new engine oil as shown.
WARNINGNever use an impact wrench to tighten the crankshaft pulley bolt.
Install the crankshaft pulley, then tighten the bolt, as follows:
- Hold the pulley with the holder handle and holder attachment, then tighten the bolt to 47 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) with a torque wrench and heavy duty 19mm socket.
Mark the bolt head and crankshaft pulley as shown, then tighten the bolt an additional 60° (The mark on the bolt head should line up with the mark on the crankshaft pulley).
- Install the drive belt, as outlined in this section.
- Install the splash shield.
- Install the right front tire/wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then enter the security code for the radio.