Honda Odyssey 2007-2008
Remove the screws from the pump housing, then separate the housing and cover.
- Check the inner-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the inner rotor (A) and outer rotor (B). If the inner-to-outer rotor clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump assembly.
Inner Rotor-to-Outer Rotor Radial Clearance:
- Check the housing-to-rotor axial clearance between the rotors (A) and pump housing (B). If the housing-to-rotor axial clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump assembly.
Housing-to-Rotor Axial Clearance:
Check the housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance between the outer rotor (A) and pump housing (B). If the housing-to-outer rotor radial clearance exceeds the service limit, replace the oil pump assembly.
Housing-to-Outer Rotor Radial Clearance:
Removal & Installation
Honda Odyssey 2007-2008
- Drain the engine oil.
- Turn the crankshaft so that the No. 1 piston is at top dead center.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the idler pulley.
- Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor A/B.
- Attach the chain hoist to the engine hanger on the power steering (P/S) pump bracket.
- Remove the jack from under the oil pan.
- Remove the rocker arm oil control solenoid (VTEC solenoid valve)/oil filter assembly (J35A6 engine) or oil filter base/oil filter assembly (J35A7 engine).
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the oil screen.
Remove the mounting bolts and the oil pump assembly.
Remove the old oil seal from the oil pump.
- Gently tap in the new oil seal until the oil seal driver bottoms on the pump.
- Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pump mating surfaces, bolts, and bolt holes.
- Clean and dry the oil pump mating surfaces.
- Inspect both rotors and pump housing for scoring or other damage. Replace the parts, if necessary.
- Apply liquid thread lock to the pump housing screws, then install the oil pump cover.
- Check that the oil pump turns freely.
Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0001, 08718-0002, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009, evenly to the engine block mating surface of the oil pump.
NOTEDo not install components if too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket (for P/N 08718-0002, no more than 4 minutes, for all others, no more than 5 minutes). Instead, remove the old residue and reapply liquid gasket.
- Grease the lip of the oil seal, and apply oil to the new O-ring (A).
- Install the dowel pins (B), then align the inner rotor with the crankshaft, and install the oil pump (C). Clean the excess grease off the crankshaft, and check the seal for distortion.
- Install the oil screen with new O-ring (E).
- Install the rocker arm oil control solenoid (VTEC solenoid valve)/oil filter assembly, with a new rocker arm oil control solenoid filter (VTEC solenoid valve filter) (J35A6 engine), or oil filter base/oil filter assembly, with a new O-ring.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor A/B.
- Install the idler pulley.
- Install the timing belt.
- Remove the engine hanger.
- After assembly, wait at least 30 minutes before filling the engine with oil.