Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the flange nut while holding the respective joint pin with a hex wrench, then disconnect the stabilizer links from the damper.
- Turn the stabilizer bar backward to gain easier access to the front side of the lower arm mounting bolt.
- Remove the lock pin from the lower arm ball joint, then remove the castle nut.
- Install a hex nut onto the threads of the ball joint. Make sure the nut is flush with the ball joint pin end to prevent damage to the threaded end of the ball joint pin.
Apply grease to the ball joint remover on the areas shown. This will ease installation of the tool and prevent damage to the pressure bolt threads.
- Loosen the pressure bolt, and install the ball joint remover as shown. Insert the jaws carefully, making sure not to damage the ball joint boot. Adjust the jaw spacing by turning the adjusting bolt.
- After adjusting the adjusting bolt, make sure the head of the adjusting bolt is in the position shown to allow the jaw to pivot.
- With a wrench, tighten the pressure bolt until the ball joint pin pops loose from the ball joint pin hole. If necessary, apply penetrating type lubricant to loosen the ball joint pin.
- Remove the ball joint remover, then remove the nut from the end of the ball joint pin, and pull the ball joint out of the ball joint pin hole. Inspect the ball joint boot, and replace it if damaged.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.