Honda Odyssey 2007-2008
Compress the strut spring, then remove the self-locking nut (A) while holding the strut rod with a hex wrench (B). Do not compress the spring more than necessary to remove the nut.
- Release the pressure from the strut spring compressor, then disassemble the strut.
- Reassemble all the parts, except for the spring.
Compress the strut assembly by hand, and check for smooth operation through a full stroke, both compression and extension. The strut should extend smoothly and constantly when compression is released. If it does not, the gas is leaking and the strut should be replaced.
- Check for oil leaks, abnormal noises, or binding during these tests
Install all the parts except the self-locking nut onto the strut. Align the bottom of the spring (A) and the stepped part of the lower spring seat (B).
Align the stamp of the upper spring seat (A) and the spring mount rubber (B) as shown, and then set it on the spring.
Align the stamp (A) on the upper spring seat with the spring mounting cushion as shown. Install the strut assembly on a commercially available strut spring compressor.
- Compress the strut spring.
- Install a new self-locking nut.
- Hold the strut rod using a hex wrench, and tighten the self-locking nut.
Removal & Installation
Honda Odyssey 2007-2008
- Raise the vehicle, and support it with safety stands in the proper locations.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Disconnect the stabilizer link from the damper.
Remove the wheel sensor harness and the brake hose bracket from the damper. Do not disconnect the wheel sensor connector.
Remove the flange nuts and damper pinch bolts from the damper.
Remove the service caps, and remove the damper by removing the three flange nuts.
Remove the damper.
NOTEDamper springs are different, left and right. Mark the springs L and R before you continue.
- Install the damper onto the frame, then loosely install the three flange nuts.
- Loosely install the damper pinch bolts and flange nuts to the damper.
- Install the wheel sensor harness and the brake hose bracket to the damper.
- Loosely install the stabilizer link to the damper.
- Raise the front suspension with a floor jack to load the suspension with the vehicle's weight.
- Tighten the damper pinch bolts and flange nuts to the specified torque value.
- Tighten the flange nuts on top of the damper to the specified torque value.
- Tighten the stabilizer link nuts to the specified torque value.
- Install the service caps.
- Install the front wheel.
- Check the front wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary.