Removal & Installation
- Properly relieve the fuel pressure.
- Remove the fuel fill cap.
- Remove the second row seat.
- Remove the access panel from the floor.
- Disconnect the fuel tank unit 5P connector.
- Disconnect the quick-connect fittings from the fuel pump assembly.
- Using the special tool, loosen the locknut.
- Remove the locknut and the fuel pump assembly.
- Temporarily attach a new base gasket to the fuel pump assembly, then insert the fuel pump assembly partially into the fuel tank.
- Transfer the base gasket from the fuel tank unit to the fuel tank.
- Align the marks on the tank and the fuel tank unit, then insert the fuel tank unit into the fuel tank until the fuel tank unit rests on the base gasket.
- Using the special tool, tighten the new locknut to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector.
- The remainder of the installation is the reverse order of removal.