Removal & Installation
- Connect the HDS while the engine is stopped.
- Select the INSPECTION MENU with the HDS.
- Do the TP LEARNING CHECK in the ETCS TEST.
- Disconnect the MAP sensor connector.
- Remove the intake air duct.
- Disconnect the throttle body connector.
- Disconnect and plug the water bypass hoses.
- Remove the throttle body.
Using a suitable plastic scraper, remove any gasket material from the throttle body and air intake plenum.
Install the parts in the reverse order of removal with a new gasket (F).
NOTEThe idle learn procedure must be done so the PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics. Perform the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions:
Do the PCM idle learn procedure after the throttle body has been replaced, as follows:
NOTEErasing DTCs with the HDS does not require you to do the idle learn procedure.
- Make sure all electrical items (A/C, audio, rear window defogger, lights, etc.) are off.
- Reset the PCM with the HDS.
- Turn the ignition switch ON (II), and wait 2 seconds.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm without load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, or until the engine coolant temperature reaches 194 °F (90 °C).
Let the engine idle for about 5 minutes with the throttle fully closed.
NOTEIf the radiator fan comes on, do not include its running time in the 5 minutes.
- Refill the radiator with engine coolant.