Honda Odyssey 2007-2008
- Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC).
- Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
- Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit.
- Check for DTCs. If a DTC is present, diagnose and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
- Start the engine. Hold the engine speed at 3,000 rpm with no load (in N or P) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.
- Check the idle speed.
- Jump the SCS line with the HDS.
- Connect the timing light to the No. 1 ignition coil harness.
- Aim the light toward the pointer on the timing belt cover. Check the ignition timing under a no load condition (headlights, blower fan, rear window defogger, and air conditioner are turned off).
- Ignition timing should be between 8 and 12 degrees before top dead center at idle in N or P .