Removal & Installation
These models are equipped with a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), which uses an air bag. Whenever working near any of the SRS components, such as the impact sensors, the air bag module, steering column and instrument panel, disable the SRS, as described in the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable, then wait at least 3 minutes before proceeding to disable the air bag system.
- Remove the driver-s side lower dashboard cover and knee bolster.
- Remove the steering column covers.
- Disconnect the harness by gently depressing the tab on the connector and pulling.
- Remove the combination switch mounting screws, then remove the switch.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.