Removal & Installation
- Make sure you have the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then write down the XM radio channel presets.
- Make sure the ignition is OFF, then disconnect the negative cable from the battery. Wait at least 3 minutes before proceeding.
Remove the following trim panels:
Passenger's dashboard undercover
- Disconnect the transmission shift cable.
From under the driver-s side dash, disconnect the cabin wire harness connectors, the roof wire harness connectors, the floor wire harness connectors, the parking brake switch connector, and the dashboard wire harness connectors, then release the wire harness clip from the driver's under-dash fuse/relay box.
Remove the heater lower duct. Detach the harness clips, and disconnect the SRS unit connectors, the audio sub-harness connectors, the A/C sub-harness connector, and the floor wire harness connectors.
From under the dash, disconnect the passenger's door wire harness connectors, the floor wire harness connector, the audio amplifier connectors, the roof wire harness connector, and disconnect the dashboard wire harness connectors from the passenger's under-dash fuse/relay box. Remove the ground bolt with a TORX® T35 bit.
- Open the driver's door, and remove the bolts. Remove the remaining bolts, and lift up on the dashboard to release it from the guide pins.
Remove the bolts (A-E) and lift up the dashboard (F) to release it from the guide pins (G,H)
- Remove the bolts, then remove the center bracket.
- Carefully remove the dashboard through the front door opening.
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.