Make sure to use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- Note the anti-theft code for the radio and then disconnect the negative battery cable, then disconnect the positive battery cable and remove the battery.
- Drain the coolant into a sealable container by loosening the radiator drain plug.
- Remove the battery.
- For 2007 Models: Remove the front grill cover and the front grille.
- For 2008 Models: Remove the front bumper.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the radiator and A/C condenser fans. For additional information, refer to the following section, -Engine Fan, Removal and Installation.-
- Remove the lower radiator hose and automatic transmission fluid (ATF) cooler hoses. Plug the ATF cooler hoses and lines.
- Remove the radiator upper brackets/cushions (A).
Remove the engine hood latch (B).
- Pull up the radiator assembly, then remove the lower cushions.
- Install the radiator and fans in the reverse order of removal.
- Set the upper and lower cushions securely.
- Fill the radiator with engine coolant and bleed the air from the system.
Adjust the engine hood latch:
- Loosen each bolt slightly.
- Adjust the hood alignment in this sequence:
- Adjust the hood right and left, as well as forward and rearward, by using the elongated holes on the hood hinges.
- Turn the hood edge cushions, as necessary, to make the hood fit flush with the body at the front and side edges.
- Adjust the hood latch to obtain the proper height at the forward edge, and move the hood latch right or left until the strike is centered in the hood latch.
- Tighten each bolt securely.
- Check that the hood opens properly and locks securely.
- For some models, check that the security system operates properly with the hood opened and closed.
Apply touch-up paint to the hinge mounting bolts and around the hinges.
Apply multipurpose grease to the hood latch and hood hinge as indicated by the arrows.
- Install the battery. Clean the battery posts and cable terminals with sandpaper, then assemble them and apply grease to prevent corrosion.
- Enter the anti-theft codes for the radio and the navigation system, then enter the radio presets.
- Set the clock.