REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Fully release the parking brake. Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove all tension from the rear cables by backing off the adjusting nut from the equalizer or adjuster.
- Lower the vehicle. If equipped, disconnect the vacuum hose from the parking brake release control motor.
- Disconnect the release cable from the parking brake control release arm. Remove the release cable grommet from the parking brake control.
- Disengage the wiring connector from the parking brake warning indicator switch. Remove the cable from the clevis at the brake control.
- Remove the push pin from the cowl side trim panel.
- Remove the conduit retainer from the control assembly by using a 1 / 2 in. (13mm) box-end wrench to press the retaining prongs.
- Remove the three bolts and one push pin retaining the control assembly to the cowl side panel. Remove the control assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the control assembly in the vehicle. Fit the cable through its mounting hole, then press the pronged retainer in place. Make sure the prongs are locked securely into place.
- Connect the cable to the control assembly. Install the retaining bolts and push pin. Tighten the retaining bolts to 17-26 ft. lbs. (23-35 Nm).
- If equipped, connect the vacuum hose to the parking brake release control motor.
- Connect the release cable to the parking brake control release arm. Install the release cable grommet to the parking brake control.
- Engage the wiring connector to the warning switch and bracket.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Adjust the parking brake assembly, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then check the parking brake assembly for proper operation.