Removal & Installation
Except Turbocharged Models
- Verify proper brake fluid level and top off if necessary. Install and tighten brake master cylinder cap to prevent clutch hydraulic system drainage.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Using suitable screwdriver, release both slave cylinder hydraulic line snap ring retainers. Do not separate at this time.
- Remove slave cylinder-to-transaxle mounting bolts.
- Have replacement slave cylinder ready. Remove slave cylinder from transaxle and separate from hydraulic tube. Quickly attach replacement slave cylinder to plumbing and secure with both retaining clips.
- Install the slave cylinder assembly into position on transaxle.
- Tighten slave cylinder-to-transaxle bolts to168 inch lbs. (19 Nm) on 2.0/2.4L applications, and 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm) torque on 1.6L applications .
- Connect clutch hydraulic supply tube to slave cylinder. Install NEW roll pin and cotter key.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Verify clutch master cylinder reservoir is full. Top off with DOT 3 brake fluid if necessary.
- Bleed clutch hydraulic system.
- Verify proper clutch release system operation.
- Remove transaxle from vehicle.
- Remove four (4) slave cylinder-to-clutch bellhousing bolts and remove slave cylinder from transaxle. Clean old sealer from threads using suitable tap.
Install slave cylinder to transaxle using new bolts.
NOTETorque three CSC body screws first, then fluid tube attachment.
Torque slave cylinder-to-case bolts in three steps:
18 inch lbs. (2 Nm)
- Install transaxle.