Removal & Installation
- Remove front timing belt covers. Refer to procedures in this section.
- Remove timing belt.
- Remove timing belt idler pulley.
- Remove camshaft sprockets. Use Special Tool 6847 to hold camshaft sprockets while removing the sprocket bolts.
- Remove rear timing belt cover fasteners and remove cover from engine.
- Install rear timing belt cover and fasteners. Torque fasteners to values specified in.
Install timing belt idler pulley. Torque timing belt idler pulley fastener to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
CAUTIONDo not use an impact wrench to tighten camshaft sprocket bolts. Damage to the camshaft-to-sprocket locating dowel pin may occur.
- Install camshaft sprockets. Hold sprockets with Special Tool 6847 while tightening center bolt to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install timing belt.
- Install front timing belt covers. Refer to above procedures.