Removal & Installation
- Remove upper intake manifold.
- Remove ignition coil and spark plug wires.
- Disconnect PCV and make-up air hoses from cylinder head cover.
Remove cylinder head cover bolts.
WARNINGWhen removing cylinder head cover bolts, be careful not to interchange the center bolts with the seven perimeter bolts. The two center bolts contain an aluminum washer between the bolt head and torque limiter for sealing purposes.
- Remove cylinder head cover from cylinder head.
- Install new cylinder head cover gaskets and spark plug well seals.
Replace cylinder head cover bolt seals.
CAUTIONDo not allow oil or solvents to contact the timing belt as they can deteriorate the rubber and cause tooth skipping.
Apply Mopar® Engine RTV GEN II at the camshaft cap corners and at the top edges of the 1/2 round seal.
CAUTIONWhen installing cylinder head cover bolts, be careful not to interchange the two center bolts with the seven perimeter bolts. The two center bolts contain an aluminum washer between the bolt head and torque limiter for sealing purposes.
- Install cylinder head cover assembly to cylinder head. Install all bolts, ensuring the two bolts containing the sealing washer are located in the center locations of cover.
Tighten bolts in sequence shown in. Using a 3 step torque method as follows:
Tighten all bolts to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm)
- Install ignition coil and spark plug wires. Tighten fasteners to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- If the PCV valve was removed, apply Mopar® Thread Sealant with Teflon to threads and install valve to cylinder head cover. Tighten PCV valve to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect PCV and make-up air hoses to cylinder head cover.
- Install upper intake manifold.