Removal & Installation
Except Turbocharged Models
- Verify proper brake fluid level and top off if necessary. Install and tighten brake master cylinder cap to prevent clutch hydraulic system drainage.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Using a suitable screwdriver, release both slave cylinder hydraulic line snap ring retainers. Do not separate at this time.
- Remove slave cylinder-to-transaxle mounting bolts.
- Have the replacement slave cylinder ready. Remove the slave cylinder from the transaxle and separate it from the hydraulic tube. Quickly attach the replacement slave cylinder to the plumbing and secure it with both the retaining clips.
- Install the slave cylinder assembly into position on transaxle.
- Tighten slave cylinder-to-transaxle bolts to 168 inch lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect clutch hydraulic supply tube to slave cylinder. Install NEW roll pin and cotter key.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Verify clutch master cylinder reservoir is full. Top off with DOT 3 brake fluid if necessary.
- Bleed clutch hydraulic system.
- Verify proper clutch release system operation.
- Remove transaxle from vehicle.
- Remove 4 slave cylinder-to-clutch bellhousing bolts and remove slave cylinder from transaxle. Clean old sealer from threads using a suitable tap.
Install slave cylinder to transaxle using new bolts.
NOTETorque the 3 CSC body screws first, then the fluid tube attachment.
Torque the slave cylinder-to-case bolts in three steps:
18 inch lbs. (2 Nm)
- Install the transaxle.