Removal & Installation
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect electrical connector from coil pack.
- Remove coil pack mounting nuts.
- Remove coil pack.
- Install coil pack on valve cover. Tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm)
- Transfer spark plug cables to new coil pack. The coil pack towers are numbered with the cylinder identification. Be sure the ignition cables snap onto the towers.
- Install the negative battery cable.
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) regulates the individual ignition coils and checks their function via a separate diagnostic cable. A diagnostic trouble code is generated if the control module detects a faulty signal for an ignition coil.
Fault symptoms may include:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) lit
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) can help diagnose which ignition coil is involved.