- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Remove battery and battery tray.
- Drain cooling system below upper radiator hose level.
- Remove grille.
- Remove upper radiator closure panel and center brace.
- Disconnect upper radiator hose from radiator.
- For turbocharger equipped vehicles: Remove radiator inlet neck.
- Hoist vehicle.
- Disconnect radiator fan electrical connector.
- Remove the 2 lower and left side radiator fan screws.
Lower vehicle and remove the remaining radiator fan attaching screws.
WARNINGCare should be taken not to damage the radiator cooling fins and tubes during fan removal.
Remove radiator fan by lifting up from the engine compartment.
- Install the radiator fan into position on the radiator.
- Hand-start all radiator fan fasteners.
- Tighten all radiator fan retaining screws to 55 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Connect the radiator fan electrical connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- For turbocharger equipped vehicles: Inspect radiator inlet neck O-ring. Replace if necessary. Install radiator inlet neck. Torque fasteners to 55 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Connect the upper radiator hose to radiator. Align hose and position clamp so it will not interfere with the engine or the hood.
- Install upper radiator closure panel and center brace.
- Install grille.
- Install battery tray and battery.
- Connect cables to battery.
- Fill cooling system.