Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove upper intake manifold.
- Remove ignition coil and spark plug wires.
- Disconnect PCV and make-up air hoses from cylinder head cover.
Remove cylinder head cover bolts.
WARNINGWhen removing cylinder head cover bolts, be careful not to interchange the center bolts with the 7 perimeter bolts. The 2 center bolts contain an aluminum washer between the bolt head and torque limiter for sealing purposes.
- Remove the cylinder head cover from the cylinder head.
- Install new cylinder head cover gaskets and spark plug well seals.
Replace cylinder head cover bolt seals.
CAUTIONDo not allow oil or solvents to contact the timing belt as they can deteriorate the rubber and cause tooth skipping.
Apply MOPAR® Engine RTV GEN II at the camshaft cap corners and at the top edges of the
CAUTIONWhen installing cylinder head cover bolts, be careful not to interchange the 2 center bolts with the 7 perimeter bolts. The 2 center bolts contain an aluminum washer between the bolt head and torque limiter for sealing purposes.
- Install cylinder head cover assembly to cylinder head. Install all bolts, ensuring the 2 bolts containing the sealing washer are located in the center locations of cover.
Tighten bolts in sequence using a 3 step torque method as follows:
Tighten all bolts to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm)
- Install ignition coil and spark plug wires. Tighten fasteners to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- If the PCV valve was removed, apply MOPAR® Thread Sealant with Teflon to threads and install valve to cylinder head cover. Tighten PCV valve to 70 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Connect PCV and make-up air hoses to cylinder head cover.
- Install upper intake manifold.