Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Position oil collecting container under pressure switch location.
Disconnect oil pressure switch electrical connector and remove switch
- Install oil pressure switch and connect electrical connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Start engine and allow to run a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Shut engine off and check engine oil level. Adjust level as necessary.
Before servicing any vehicle, please be sure to read the precautions section, which deals with personal safety, prevention of component damage, and important points to take into consideration when servicing a motor vehicle.
- With the vehicle on a level surface, allow adequate drain down time of 2-3 minutes and measure for a low oil level. Add the recommended grade engine oil and fill the crankcase until the oil level measures full on the oil level indicator.
- Run the engine, and verify low, or no oil pressure on the vehicle gage or light. Listen for a noisy valve train or a knocking noise.
Inspect for the following:
Oil diluted by moisture or unburned fuel mixtures
- Remove the oil pressure sender or another engine block oil gallery plug.
- Install an oil pressure gauge and measure the engine oil pressure.
- Compare the readings to specifications.
If the engine oil pressure is below specifications, inspect the engine for one or more of the following:
Oil pump worn or dirty
Higher than recommended oil pressure may be caused by one or more of the following conditions:
Worn or sticking oil pump pressure relief valve
- If the oil pressure tests according to specification and the oil pressure sensor gives a faulty reading, replace the oil pressure sensor (switch) as necessary.