- Inspect the mating surface of the oil pump. Surface should be smooth. Replace pump cover if scratched or grooved.
- Lay a straightedge across the pump cover surface. If a 0.001 inches (0.025mm) feeler gauge can be inserted between cover and straight edge, cover should be replaced.
- Measure thickness and diameter of outer rotor. If outer rotor thickness measures 0.421 inches (10.699mm) or less, or if the diameter is 3.383 inches (85.924mm) or less, replace outer rotor.
- If inner rotor measures 0.421 inches (10.699mm) or less replace inner rotor.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The negative battery cable