Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove cylinder head cover.
- Remove spark plugs.
Rotate engine until the camshaft lobe, on the follower being removed, is positioned on its base circle (heel). Also, the piston should be a minimum of 0.25 inch (6.3mm) below Top Dead Center (TDC) position.
WARNINGIf cam follower assemblies are to be reused, always mark position for reassembly in their original positions.
- Using Special Tools 8215A and 8436 slowly depress valve assembly until rocker arm can be removed.
Repeat removal procedure for each rocker arm.
- Lubricate rocker arm with clean engine oil.
- Using Special Tools 8215A and 8436 slowly depress valve assembly until rocker arm can be installed on the hydraulic lifter and valve stem.
- Repeat installation procedure for each rocker arm.
- Install spark plugs.
- Install cylinder head cover.