Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front timing belt covers.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the timing belt idler pulley.
- Remove the camshaft sprockets. Use Special Tool 6847 to hold camshaft sprockets while removing the sprocket bolts.
- Remove the rear timing belt cover fasteners and remove the cover from the engine.
- Install the rear timing belt cover and fasteners.
Install the timing belt idler pulley. Torque the timing belt idler pulley fastener to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
WARNINGDo not use an impact wrench to tighten camshaft sprocket bolts. Damage to the camshaft-to-sprocket locating dowel pin may occur.
- Install the camshaft sprockets. Hold the sprockets with Special Tool 6847 while tightening the center bolt to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Install the timing belt.
- Install the front timing belt covers.