Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front tire and wheel assembly.
- Slide the caliper outward in an effort to retract the caliper piston into its bore.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing disc brake caliper adapter to the steering knuckle.
- Remove the disc brake caliper and adapter from the knuckle as an assembly. Hang the assembly out of the way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend the brake hose when doing this.
- Remove the clips retaining the brake rotor to the wheel studs.
Remove the brake rotor.
- Install the brake rotor over the studs on the hub.
- Install the disc brake caliper and adapter assembly over the brake rotor.
- Install the mounting bolts securing the caliper adapter to the steering knuckle. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 77 ft. lbs. (104 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the wheel mounting nuts to a torque of 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal several times before moving the vehicle to set the shoes to the brake rotor.
- Road test the vehicle and make several stops to seat the brake shoes to the rotor.