Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front tire and wheel assembly.
- Slide the caliper outward in an effort to retract the caliper piston into its bore.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing disc brake caliper adapter to the steering knuckle.
- Remove the disc brake caliper and adapter from the knuckle as an assembly. Hang the assembly out of the way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend the brake hose when doing this.
- Remove the clips retaining the brake rotor to the wheel studs.
Remove the brake rotor.
When installing new brake components, be sure to use correct parts. Parts designed for the BR4 Performance Brake System must not be mixed with other brake systems.
Inspect disc brake shoes before installation.
- Install the brake rotor over the studs on the hub.
- Install the disc brake caliper and adapter assembly over the brake rotor.
- Install the mounting bolts securing the caliper adapter to the steering knuckle. Tighten the bolts to a torque of 77 ft. lbs. (104 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the wheel mounting nuts to a torque of 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal several times before moving the vehicle to set the shoes to the brake rotor.
- Road test the vehicle and make several stops to seat the brake shoes to the rotor.