Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the strut assembly and place it in a Strut Spring Compressor Tool W-7200.
- Set the lower hooks then the upper hooks. Position the clevis bracket straight outward away from the compressor tool
Install a clamp on the lower end of the coil spring to secure the strut when the nut is removed.
NOTEDo not remove the strut shaft nut until the coil spring is compressed. The coil spring is under pressure and must be compressed before the shaft nut is removed.
- Compress the coil spring until all tension is removed from the upper mount.
- Install a Strut Nut Socket Tool 6864 once the spring is compressed.
- Install a socket on the hex end of the strut shaft and remove the nut.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The upper mount from the strut shaft
Inspect the coil spring for any signs of damage.
Install or connect the following:
The coil spring in the compressor. Rotate the spring so that the end of the top coil is directly in the front
- Install the strut nut socket on the strut shaft retaining nut. Install a socket on the hex end of the shaft. Secure the strut shaft and torque the nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Slowly release the tension from the coil spring by backing off the compressor completely.
- Remove the clamp from the bottom of the coil spring and strut. Push back the spring compressor upper and lower hooks and remove the strut from the compressor.
- Install the strut assembly to the vehicle.