Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove both stabilizer bar links from the vehicle. Remove each link by holding the upper retainer/nut with a wrench and turning the link bolt.
- Remove the stabilizer bar cushion retainer bolts and retainers, and remove the stabilizer bar with cushions attached from the vehicle.
- To remove the cushions from the stabilizer bar, peel back each cushion at the slit and roll it off the bar.
If removed, install the stabilizer bar cushions on the stabilizer bar utilizing the slit in each cushion. Position the cushions at each end of the bar's straight beam, just before it begins to curve.
NOTEBefore installing the stabilizer bar, make sure the bar is not upside-down. The stabilizer bar must be installed with the curve on the outboard ends of the bar facing downward to clear the control arms once fully installed.
- Place the stabilizer bar in position on the front suspension crossmember. The slits in each cushion must point toward the front of the vehicle and sit directly on top of the raised beads formed into the stamping on the crossmember.
- Install the cushion retainers, matching the raised beads formed into the cushion retainers to the grooves formed into the cushions.
- Install the cushion retainer bolts, but do not completely tighten them at this time.
- Clean the threads of the stabilizer bar link bolts, then apply MOPAR® Lock And Seal or equivalent to the threads.
- Install both stabilizer bar links back on vehicle. Start each stabilizer bar link bolt with bushing from the bottom, through the stabilizer bar, inner link bushings, lower control arm, and into the upper retainer/nut and bushing. Do not fully tighten the link assemblies at this time.
Lower the vehicle.
NOTEIt may be necessary to put the vehicle on a platform hoist or alignment rack to gain access to the stabilizer bar mounting bolts with the vehicle at curb height.
- Tighten each stabilizer bar link by holding the upper retainer/nut with a wrench and turning the link bolt. Tighten each link bolt to a torque of 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm).
- Tighten the stabilizer bar cushion retainer bolts to a torque of 250 inch lbs. (28 Nm).