- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove fuel pump module.
Depress retaining tab and remove the fuel pump/level sensor connector from the bottom of the fuel pump module electrical connector.
NOTEThe pump module harness on TOP of flange is not serviceable or removable.
- Remove the wedge lock from the electrical connector.
- Using Special Tool C-4334 terminal remover or equivalent, remove terminals from level sensor connector.
- Depress the tab and slide the sensor toward the bottom of the fuel pump module
- Slide level sensor out of channel in module.
- Wrap wires into groove in back of level sensor.
- While feeding wires into guide grooves, slide level sensor up into channel until it snaps into place. Ensure tab at bottom of sensor locks in place.
- Install level sensor wires in connector. Push the wires up through the connector and then pull them down until they lock in place. Ensure signal and ground wires are installed in the correct position, refer to the Wiring section.
- Install locking wedge on connector
- Push connector up into bottom of fuel pump module electrical connector.
- Install fuel pump module. Refer to Fuel Pump Module in the Fuel section.