- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release fuel system pressure. Refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure.
- Remove the air cleaner lid, disconnect the inlet air temperature sensor and makeup air hose.
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove fuel cap slowly to release tank pressure.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
With vehicle on a hoist, drain fuel from tank.
CAUTIONThere may be fuel in the fill tube. Remove hose carefully to reduce fuel splash.
Disconnect fuel tank from rubber fill hose.
NOTEwrap shop towels around hoses to catch any gasoline spillage.
- Remove bolts from the fuel tank straps.
- Disconnect fuel line, in the front of the fuel tank. This is a quick connect fitting.
- Lower fuel tank and remove the EVAP line and recirculation line.
- Remove vacuum line from LDP.
- Unlock the electrical connector and disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove hoses from EVAP canister.
- Remove fuel tank from vehicle.
- Position fuel tank on a transmission jack.
- Raise fuel tank into position.
- Connect vacuum line to LDP.
- Install EVAP line and recirculation line.
- Connect electrical connector and lock the connector.
- Connect the fuel line.
- Connect fuel fill tube to tank inlet. Tighten hose clamp to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm) torque.
- Position fuel tank straps. Tighten fuel tank strap bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm) torque.
- Remove transmission jack. Ensure straps are not twisted or bent.
- Lower vehicle.
- Fill fuel tank, install filler cap.
- Install the negative battery cable.
- Install the air cleaner lid, connect the inlet air temperature sensor and makeup air hose.
- Use the scan tool ASD Fuel System Test to pressurize the fuel system. Check for leaks.