Removal & Installation
The lock cylinder is inserted in the end of the housing opposite the ignition switch. The ignition key rotates the cylinder to 5 different detents:
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Place key cylinder in RUN position. Through the hole in the lower shroud, depress lock cylinder retaining tab and remove key cylinder.
- Install key in lock cylinder. Turn key to RUN position (retaining tab on lock cylinder can be depressed).
- The shaft at the end of the lock cylinder aligns with the socket in the end of the housing. To align the socket with the lock cylinder, ensure the socket is in the RUN position.
- Align the lock cylinder with the grooves in the housing. Slide the lock cylinder into the housing until the tab sticks through the opening in the housing.
- Turn the key to the OFF position. Remove the key.
- Connect negative cable to battery.