Removal & Installation
The ignition switch attaches to the lock cylinder housing on the end opposite the lock cylinder.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the air cleaner lid, disconnect the inlet air temperature sensor and makeup air hose.
- Disconnect negative cable from battery.
- Place key cylinder in RUN position. Through the hole in the lower shroud, depress lock cylinder retaining tab and remove key cylinder.
- Remove upper and lower shrouds from steering column.
- Disconnect electrical connectors from ignition switch.
- Remove the 2 screws on the top of the multi-function switch and relocate.
- Remove ignition switch mounting screw with a #10 TORX® bit.
- Pull ignition switch from steering column.
- Ensure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the lock housing is in the RUN position.
- Carefully install the ignition switch. The switch will snap over the retaining tabs.
- Install the mounting screw.
- Install electrical connectors to ignition switch.
- Install the multi-function switch and tighten the 2 screws.
- Install upper and lower shrouds.
- Install key cylinder (cylinder retaining tab will depress only in the RUN position).
- Connect negative cable to battery.
- Install the air cleaner lid, connect the inlet air temperature sensor and makeup air hose.
- Check for proper operation of ignition switch and key-in warning switch.