Removal & Installataion
It is not necessary to remove the Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) from the steering column to replace the left multi-function switch.
Wait 2 minutes for the system reserve capacitor to discharge before servicing any airbag or steering column components.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Remove both upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Disconnect both posi-lock harness connectors at the rear of the multi-function switch.
Remove multi-function switch mounting screws and remove switch from vehicle.
If replacing the multi-function switch, the combination flasher and windshield wiper/washer switch must be transferred to new multi-function switch.
- Remove the 2 TORX® screws retaining the wiper/washer switch, place next to the new multi-function switch and install 2 screws.
- Place switch into place and install mounting screws. Torque multi-function switch to column retaining screws to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Connect both posi-lock harness connectors at the rear of the multi-function switch.
- Install both upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Connect the battery negative cable.
- Verify vehicle and system operation.