Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the rear disc brake caliper and shoes from the brake rotor and store out of the way.
- Remove any clips retaining the brake rotor.
- Remove the brake rotor by pulling it straight off the wheel mounting studs.
When installing new brake components, be sure to use correct parts. Parts designed for BR4 Performance Brake System must not be mixed with other brake systems. These parts, similar in appearance, can be easily identified
Inspect disc brake shoes and parking brake shoes before installation.
- Install the rear brake rotor over the wheel mounting studs and onto the hub.
- Install rear disc brake caliper and shoes. Install the tire and wheel assembly. Tighten the wheel mounting nuts to a torque of 100 ft. lbs. (136 Nm).
- Adjust the parking brake shoes as necessary.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal before moving the vehicle to set the brake shoes to the brake rotor.