Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The rear wheels
- Insert a small prying tool through the adjuster access hole and engage the teeth on the adjuster wheel.
- Rotate the adjuster wheel so it is moved toward the front of the vehicle. This will back off the adjustment of the rear brake shoes. Continue moving the adjuster wheel toward the front of the vehicle until it stops moving.
Remove the rear brake drum from the hub assembly.
- Inspect the brake drums for cracks or signs of overheating. Measure the drum runout and diameter. If not to specification, resurface the drum. Runout should not exceed 0.006 inch (0.152mm). The diameter variation (oval shape) of the drum braking surface must not exceed either 0.0025 inch (0.0635mm) in 30° or 0.0035 inch (0.089mm) in 360°. All brake drums are marked with the maximum allowable brake drum diameter on the face of the drum.
Install or connect the following:
The rear brake drum onto the hub assembly
- Road test vehicle to check brake operation.