Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel and accessory drive belt splash shield.
- Remove accessory drive belt, as outlined in this section.
- Remove vibration damper bolt.
- Use Special Tool 1023 puller, and insert 9020-R, remove crankshaft damper.
- Install crankshaft damper using Special Tools C-4685-C1 (5.9 in.) Bolt, with Nut and Thrust Bearing from 6792, and 6792-1 Installer.
- Install crankshaft/vibration damper bolt and tighten the bolt to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install accessory drive belt.
- Install the accessory drive belt splash shield and right front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.